GENERAL REQUIREMENTS & GUIDANCE
It’s very easy to join our virtual events, all you need is a computer, tablet or mobile device. The fastest way to check you can join with your computer is use our compatibility test page. When attending our you will be streaming video and interactive 360 environments, which can be demanding on your computer or mobile device. The following guidance will help you get the best from your virtual events experience.
- Internet connection of 2 Mbps (up/down) or better (broadband recommended)
- Close unwanted windows and Apps – including any other video conferencing Apps like Zoom or MS Teams as these can cause conflicts when accessing your camera and microphone.
- If you are presenting we advise the use of a microphone/headset, a smartphone earpiece with a mic will work fine.
- If you are joining the event on camera you will need a Webcam. This will be built into your laptop, or if you have a desktop you may require a USB webcam.
- A screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 or higher is recommended for the best experience. Go to System preferences > Display (Mac) or Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Screen resolution (PC). Don’t worry! A lower resolution will still work ok.
Although our events are accessible across many devices and browsers for the best experience possible we recommend using the latest version of Google Chrome.
- Google Chrome version 55 and later (recommended)
- Mozilla Firefox version 50 and later
- Microsoft Edge (latest version)
- IE is NOT recommended